Candace Ott
UPDATE:
This recipe was a success! My husband said this is his favorite crockpot recipe by far!  Just one little change I would make, is that 6 hours on LOW is the perfect timing - no longer.
.....................................................................

Time for a new recipe!  Being a mom to an 8-1/2 month old, my love for crockpot recipes has grown!  What's not better than dinner cooking itself, leaving you free to handle mom duties, or on rare occasions, relax.

Anyway, today I'm trying out a new recipe I found for slow cooked BBQ pork ribs.  I bought all the ingredients at Stater Brothers.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1-2 lbs. pork ribs
  • 1-1/2 cups ketchup
  • 1-1/2 Tbsp seasoning salt
  • 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
Bottled BBQ sauce can be used I'm sure as well, to keep things even simpler.

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Cut pork ribs into reasonable parts (about 3-4 ribs per piece), and set aside.
  2. Mix remaining ingredients to make the BBQ sauce.  I mixed mine in a large freezer bag to save dirtying a bowl.
  3.  Place ribs inside the bag with the sauce, and let marinate in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight if you wish.
  4. When ready to cook, place entire contents into a crockpot and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or on LOW for 6-7 hours.  I prefer the low cook setting.
  5. Enjoy!
 This recipe can also be frozen for a later date.  When ready to use, simply let it thaw in the fridge for 24 hours.
Topics: , , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Sarah Klein Says:

    Looks yummy! I agree, crock pots are an amazing gadget for all mommies.


Post a Comment