Candace Ott
Monday I officially became a full-time housewife.  My year-long job contract came to an end, and so 5 days, one cleaned apartment, 3 loads of laundry, a refreshed garden and 5 pies later... I'm sitting here contemplating what I want to do with my spare time.  A couple items came to mind:
  • Start my own business in Freelance Graphic Design
  • Learn how to successfully grow a vegetable garden
  • Sell my artwork
  • Learn to crochet (for real this time!)
  • Improve/expand my cooking abilities
  • Write a children's book
  • Create my own cartoon comic 
  • Become a fitness instructor
These are some of the ideas that have come to mind.  I'm fortunate enough to have a loving, supportive husband that wants me to take this time to follow my heart and find my calling.  I also recently had a great discussion with a friend who inspired me to start building up my blog and re-kindle my love for art.  She is an amazing homemaker, and I greatly encourage checking out her blog! Happy Homemaker Me

As for my blog, I'm hoping to really kick-start it into gear, sharing my journey and discoveries as an inexperienced gardener, new cook, and budding artist!
Topics: | edit post
1 Response
  1. Bethany Says:

    Your changes to the blog are so cute! I love it, and I'm so excited that you're getting excited about this! I hope you get a chance to go through Blogging for Bliss (or is it Blissful Blogging? I don't remember...) it has so many good ideas for how to build up your blog! Also, check out www.theblogfrog.com for other bloggers in your niche so that you can meet new people and share with them :-)

    The wonderful thing about being a full-time homemaker is that you don't have to limit yourself to just one of the things you mentioned. You can enjoy doing many of those things at once...and I'll enjoy getting to spend more time with you!

    Anytime you need to get out of the house, just give me a call ♥


Post a Comment