Candace Ott
I love finding great recipes simply because you have items that have to get cooked before they go bad.  In my case, it was half a bag of large carrots from Costco (they were intended to go in crockpot recipes, but I just didn't end up needing too many).

Anyway, so in my search online, I happened to stumble across a recipe for an Autumn Carrot Bisque.  I had most of the ingredients, so I went ahead with it.  The result was better than I could have anticipated - and even my 10 month old daughter loved the taste of it.  I will definitely be making this dish again.


Ingredients:
  • 3 lb. carrots - chopped (I'm not sure how many I had, maybe 15-20 large carrots)
  • 1 onion - chopped (I used 1/2 c. dried chopped onion since I didn't have a fresh onion)
  • 3-4 garlic cloves - chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 2 Tbsp. peanut oil (I used sesame oil - olive oil is fine too)
  • 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (I used 100% real maple syrup)
  • 1-1/2 c. chicken broth
  • 1-1/2 c. water
Directions:
  1. Pour oil into a pot with the onion and carrots.  Saute until onions start to cook or brown slightly (I used the dried onion, and simply sauteed for 5 minutes or so).
  2. Pour the chicken broth, water, pepper, salt, ginger, curry, maple syrup and garlic into the pot with the carrots.
  3. Cook until it's boiling, then reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes (or until carrots are fork tender).
  4. Once cooked, allow to cool enough to puree in a blender/food processor until smooth.
  5. Return the mixture to the pot, and add the can of coconut milk.
  6. For a smoother consistency, add more coconut milk.
  7. Enjoy!
Topics: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment