Candace Ott
In my previous post about my book goal, I never mentioned what I was currently reading. So here they are: "The Easy Learn To Crochet In Just One Day", "The Mother of all Pregnancy Books", and The Bible. I've been trying to read through the entire Bible for years... I finally re-started last year, keeping up with my church's readings. I'm only 1/3 through, there's so much detail! As for the crochet book, I think that's pretty obvious. :-) And the pregnancy book... well, I'll start by saying that I'm not pregnant... BUT, it never hurts to educate yourself about something that will eventually happen. ;-)

I will confess that being a housewife has brought the thought of children off the back-burner. I never realized just how strong a woman's instinct to mother and nurture could be! Just a couple weeks ago I nearly brought a dog home - I was completely smitten. The burning desire to care for a dog died down once I got home, but my desire to mother/nurture soon became very apparent when the thought turned to babies. My entire life, I always knew I wanted to be a mom, and my internal clock must have started working recently... because the instinct is like a hunger!

One day I'll get to step into the shoes of motherhood... and what an amazing day that will be!
0 Responses

Post a Comment